Bodyweight crunches are simple to perform, especially with the number of variations for all ability levels. They can be done almost anywhere to help develop strong abs and improve core strength.
- Muscles worked:
- Rectus Abdominis
- External Abdominal
- Oblique & Internal Abdominal Oblique
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor
- Extend arms out above you
- Maintain your lower back on the floor while raising your upper body
- Return to start position and repeat.
- Maintain controlled steady breathing & do not hold breath
- Maintain a slow controlled movement throughout the exercise
- Perform 3 sets 10 repetitions
Progress by increasing amount of reps and sets