There are still LOTS of record cards available for the Munro Challenge!
The idea is to encourage staff to be more physically active by taking the stairs rather than the lift. Stair climbing is officially classed as a vigorous exercise, and benefits include:
- Climbing just eight flights of stairs a day lowers average early mortality risk by 33%
- Seven minutes stair climbing a day can halve the risk of heart attack over 10 years
- Just two minutes extra stair climbing a day is enough to stop average middle age weight gain
- Burns more calories than jogging
- Is more eco friendly and cuts carbon usage
In order to track how you’re getting on, record cards are available so you can measure your progress. You can either collect these from myself in room H308, FOHSC, or you can email me and I’ll put one in the internal mail to you.